Agate mineral rocks are one of the most long-appreciated natural gemstones with a history that goes all the way back to the Neolithic era. There are many different types of agate. Each variety shares the agate benefits that are at the heart of agate meaning; however, each different agate variety adds its own particular agate properties for enhanced agate meaning.
Agate is a variety of banded chalcedony, which is a type of mineral rock within the quartz family. Some of the agate properties included in agate meaning are common throughout all banded chalcedony stones and quartz crystals. These commonalities are to be expected, since there are similarities in their composition.
Agate stones were originally found in Sicily along the banks of the Achetes River, hence the name agate. The use of agate gemstones for the agate healing properties at the heart of agate meaning go all the way back to the age of Babylon. The healing properties of agate were utilized in Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece. Their agate powers eventually reached Africa and spread through the Middle East to Russia. In the 1400's, the stone cutting and polishing business took off in Germany, thanks to these beautiful banded chalcedony stones. The business turned into a full-blown industry and is still going strong today.
Agate mineral rock meaning is all about harmony and balance. All types of agate stones have these agate properties at the heart of agate meaning. All agate mineral rocks vibrate or resonate at a slower, less intense rate than some of their more high-frequency quartz relatives. These less intense vibrations impart strength and stability. Agate meaning includes yin and yang energy, providing a balance between the positive and negative.
There are hundreds of different types of agate. In fact, one could collect only agate stone varieties and accrue all the crystals one would need for healing the body and mind. This is actually included in agate benefits at the heart of agate meaning â€“ balance and harmony in the body and mind â€“ and it can be achieved easily with different varieties of agate.
Blue agate gemstones, like blue lace agate, have a soothing energy that lifts oneâ's spirit with its positive, supportive vibrations. This type of agate is not really protective. They impart calm encouragement, which is a blue agate benefit at the heart of blue agate meaning. Blue = calming, uplifting, encouraging energy.
Crazy lace agate adds a general feeling of happiness to its agate meaning. This lovely, intricately banded type of agate is also known as "Happy Lace" agate. It gives off encouraging vibrations, rather than protection, similar to blue lace agate. This type of banded chalcedony goes one step beyond blue lace agate, though, lifting your mood to a joyous, happy level. It often has various shades of brown, orange, black, silver and white all swirled in tight bands throughout the agate gemstone. Crazy lace adds joy and optimism to agate meaning. Crazy lace = joy and happiness.
Laguna agate, with its tight banding in shades of brown, orange and red, add togetherness and solidarity to the many agate benefits included in agate meaning. This is a stimulating agate stone that inspires artists and writers. The use of this lovely banded chalcedony solidifies friendships, partners, families and members of any group. Laguna = inspiration, action and togetherness.
Moss agate is an important type of agate mineral rock for healing. It adds the agate benefits of growth and renewal to the base agate meaning. Moss agate is the agate for gardeners and people involved in agriculture. This type of agate mineral rock is wonderful for growing a business, too, as well as increasing income and prosperity. Moss agate is green or has some green in it. Moss agate = focus, persistence, success and prosperity.
General agate mineral rock meaning includes composure and maturity. Many types of agate stones are protective, helping to protect against excessive negativity. Agate meaning at the heart of agates with regular, consistent banding includes soothing energy, harmony and peace. Agate meaning at the heart of agates with irregular, inconsistent banding includes stimulating energy that encourages action and decisiveness.
The spiritual healing properties of agate facilitate growth and stability, in keeping with agate meaning. Agate powers encourage quiet introspection and contemplation, providing a soothing, supportive energy for spiritual growth and confidence in your spirituality.
Fire agate has wonderful agate healing properties for spiritual healing and growth. Fire agate is often brown, a color of stability, with flashes of gold, green, orange and red. These additional agate properties impart prosperity, happiness, confidence and enthusiasm. Fire agate dispels deep-seeded fears as it aligns the physical and etheric body to provide balanced energy and stability, in keeping with agate meaning.
Fire agate meaning in Divination states: A chance to achieve your heartâ€™s desire, but beware of sudden temptation.
General agate meaning in Divination states: Consider both sides before making a decision.
Agate crystals strengthen or help establish a connection to Guardian Angels. Different types of agate tend to be favored by different Guardian Angels. Fire agate is one of the favorite agate crystal varieties for Guardian Angels, in general, but other types can attract them as well.
Agate mineral rocks bring various energies in Feng Shui, depending on the type of agate. Following are examples of some of the more common agates and their Feng Shui energies:
- Moss agate provides wood energy, which encourages new beginnings, expansion, vitality and growth. It is placed in the east or southeast end of a room or home.
- Fire agate generally provides fire energy, although fire agate crystals with lots of green and brown provide wood energy and those that are pale brown provide earth energy. Fire energy crystals are placed in the south end of a room or home while earth energy crystals go in the northeast or southwest areas.
- Blue lace agate crystals impart water energy in Feng Shui. They encourage stillness and quiet. These crystals are placed in the north end of a home or room that is most often used for quiet reflection and relaxation.
Physical healing properties of agate mineral rocks are helpful in the areas of the digestive system and hollow organs like the uterus, intestines and stomach, providing calming, soothing vibrations, in keeping with agate meaning. Agate crystals can also help heal skin problems, especially allergic reactions and itching from insect bites. Agate stones help keep eyes healthy, too.
Agate healing properties extend to the heart and circulatory system as well. Imparting strength in keeping with agate meaning. This type of banded chalcedony strengthens the heart to facilitate improved circulation.
Agate gemstones can help reduce a fever, epilepsy symptoms and sleepwalking.
How to use agate:
- Wear agate jewelry. A pendant that holds the agate gemstone over the heart is excellent for heart health and the circulatory system.
- Place a chilled agate gemstone directly on the forehead to reduce a fever.
- Put an agate gemstone on the abdomen to improve digestion and reduce gastritis. Carrying an agate crystal in a pants pocket can be beneficial for digestion throughout the day when you are on the move.
- Take an agate elixir or agate essences to help combat digestive troubles and send the healing benefits at the heart of agate meaning coursing through your veins to every part of your body.
The emotional healing properties of agate instill improved perceptions and a better grasp of reality. Analytical abilities and concentration are improved with agate healing benefits. The supportive, soothing vibrations at the heart of agate meaning facilitate self-analysis, honesty and self-acceptance. The balancing agate benefits included in agate meaning bring negativity under control to encourage a more positive outlook. Bitterness and anger fall away, improving positivity and the desire and ability to move forward in life.
How to use agate:
- Wear agate necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings to keep the supportive, soothing vibrations with you all day.
- Take an agate elixir or agate essences to raise your spirits and keep you positive.
- Carry agate crystal tumble stones or worry stones with you in a pocket or even tucked in your bra. If you begin to feel negative or upset, take a few quiet moments and hold the agate gemstone or rub it between finger and thumb until you feel better.
- Keep an agate figurine, pyramid, obelisk or even a small bowl of agate crystal tumble stones or beads on your desk at work and near where you often sit at home.
Agate meditation is very soothing and relaxing, as supported by agate meaning. The various types of agate impart their own special agate meditation benefits, in keeping with agate crystal meaning. In general, though, agate meditation is especially calming. Utilize agate meditation to more easily achieve a higher level of thinking and introspection to reveal deep inner truths.
How to do agate meditation:
- Hold an agate crystal in one hand and gaze into it as you quiet your mind to reach a meditative state.
- Place an agate gemstone, figurine, obelisk or pyramid on an altar or table at eye level. Gaze into the agate while you meditate.
There are agate birthstones for some fortunate people. All of the agate benefits at the heart of agate meaning are magnified for you if it is your birthstone. Agate birthstones are as follows:
- Crazy lace agate birthstones belong to those born from October 22 to November 20 if the predominant color is red. If the crazy lace agate is mainly scarlet, then it is the agate birthstone for people who celebrate their birthday between September 25 and October 21.
- Blue lace agate birthstones belong to those born between February 19 and March 19. This agate birthstone is especially calming, as support by agate meaning.
- Agate stone in general is the ancient birthstone for people born in May and June.
- Moss agate is the modern birthstone for people born in January and September.
AGATE ZODIAC SIGN
Agate benefits at the heart of agate meaning are especially powerful for anyone who has an agate zodiac stone. Agate zodiac stones belong to the following:
- Blue lace agate and crazy lace agate are the zodiac stones for those born under the zodiac sign Gemini. They celebrate their birthday between May 21 and June 20.
- Blue lace agate is the zodiac stone for people born under the zodiac sign Pisces. They celebrate their birthday between February 19 and March 20.
- Fire agate is the modern birthstone for people born under the zodiac sign Aries and Virgo. They celebrate their birthday between March 21 and April 19 or between August 23 and September 22, respectively.
Agate chakra, in general, is wonderful for the aura. Agate vibrations eliminate negative energies and encourage positive energy for balance and harmony, in keeping with agate crystal meaning. Agate chakra is very cleansing for all of the chakras and there is an agate for every chakra.
Certain types of agate can be used with specific chakras:
- Blue lace agate resonates with the throat chakra and the Third Eye or brow chakra.
- Crazy lace agate resonates with the Third Eye or brow chakra.
- Fire agate can resonate with several chakras, depending on its primary color. Red and brown fire agates resonate with the base or root chakra. Fire agate that is primarily gold or orange resonate with the sacral chakra and solar plexus chakra. Fire agates that are primarily green resonate with the heart chakra.
- Laguna agate resonates with the base or root chakra. This is especially true of Laguna agate crystals that are primarily scarlet or red.
- Moss agate resonates with the heart chakra.
Use your agates to activate, cleanse and balance your chakras. Either lie down and place the appropriate type of agate on the appropriate chakra, beginning with the root and working your way up, or wear agate jewelry above each chakra if you prefer to sit. A necklace or two will, of course, hold the agate near your heart and throat chakra and you can even use hair clips to position an agate pendant or necklace over the Third Eye. Agate brooches work nicely for the solar plexus, sacral and root chakras.
Be sure to cleanse your agates frequently, especially when you are using them for healing or agate chakra. Agate crystals are fairly tough. They can be cleansed under running water for a few minutes to clear away the negative energy they absorb. Dry them off with a clean soft towel. Give them a good, vigorous rub with the towel to â€œrev them upâ€ a bit. Your agate crystals will reward you with the soothing, strengthening agate benefits at the heart of agate meaning.