Crystal elixirs spread wonderful gemstone vibrations throughout your entire body. Its healing energies course through your veins from head to toe. The crystal essence benefits depend on which gemstone was used to make the elixir. When shopping for your elixir, select the one that suits your needs.
What is a Crystal Essence?
Crystal elixirs are also known as crystal essences, gem waters, gem tonics and various other similar names. They are created by exposing water to a gemstone's vibrations so they are absorbed into the water. Some are made by simply placing a crystal into a container of water and leaving it in direct sun or moonlight for a few hours, but usually the crystal does not make direct contact with the water. They are ordinarily made by indirect immersion. This means the gemstone is placed on a piece of clear quartz or glass which is then placed in direct contact with the water. The vibrations are absorbed through the quartz or glass. This is the safest way to make elixirs as crystals often contain heavy metals and dyes that can leach into the water.
Elixirs often contain brandy or some other form of alcoholic beverage as a preservative. Without the preservative, gemstone elixirs will begin to lose their effectiveness after a week or so.
What Crystals are Used?
Gemstone essences can be made from any type of crystal. There are many available on-line and some venders offer unique combinations to help you attain a specific goal. If you have a favorite gemstone, you can easily get that gemstone essence but you may want to try something different.
- Amethyst essence imparts peaceful energy, balances moods, facilitates restful sleep and helps people overcome addictions. Amethyst is beneficial to the crown chakra and Third Eye.
- Aquamarine essence calms you and lifts your mood. It gives you strength and courage while it clarifies perceptions. Aquamarine is especially beneficial to the throat chakra.
- Carnelian gemstone essence is a high-energy elixir that raises and balances your energy levels. It is great for people who work out regularly or are starting a new exercise program. Carnelian elixir is beneficial to the sacral or second chakra.
- Garnet essence is another high-energy elixir. It clears negative energies and impurities while it boosts passion and vitality. This is a great gemstone essence for the root chakra. Garnet elixir facilitates a healthy energy flow that extends from the root chakra up to the crown chakra.
- Moonstone elixir imparts calming, nurturing energy. It is excellent for balancing hormones, soothing PMS and can even relieve discomforts associated with childbirth. Moonstone is excellent for cleansing and balancing your crown chakra.
How do You Take Crystal Elixirs?
Crystal elixirs are taken by mouth or applied to the skin. The dosage varies, depending on the vibration rate of the crystal. Generally, you can take 4 drops of high-energy gemstone essence twice a day for up to 2 weeks. Lower-energy essences are taken at the rate of 3 to 8 drops 3 to 4 times per day for up to 1 month. You should never exceed the recommended dose as excesses can result in undesirable affects.
You can also use crystal essences in bathwater. Just add 3 to 8 drops to your bathwater and soak for 10 to 20 minutes. To clear a room of negative energy, dilute some elixir in a spray bottle and, while moving counter-clockwise along the walls of the room, spray the elixir every few feet. Verbally expressing your wishes for the negative energy to leave the room is recommended.
Gemstone essences are safe and helpful for pets, too. Add 1 to 2 drops of elixir to 1 cup of water and place the mixture into his or her water bowl. You should notice a difference within a day or two. The dosage can be gradually adjusted up to 8 to 10 drops per cup of water over 3 to 4 weeks. If no improvement is made by the end of 1 month, the elixir you are using is not what your pet needs.