Jade is a beautiful and useful green mineral rock that has been highly prized for thousands of years. Wear jade jewelry or keep jade statues in the home and office to reap the many jade stone benefits. Utilize the various jade powers inherent in different jade colors for a comprehensive realization of jade powers.
Jade rock has been used for jewelry, statues and a variety of other items since around 4000 BC. It was actually used to make axe heads, knives and weapons in the ancient British Isles. The jade was easy to polish and keep sharp. Legend says, early humans had no weapons to protect themselves from wild animals. The Storm God created axes with jade taken from a rainbow and left them lying on the ground for humans to find and use for protection.
Ancient artefacts and deity masks were made from jade rock in Central America, New Zealand, Mexico and South America. Jade has been used most extensively in China where it has been carved into beads, burial artefacts, incense burners, gems, musical instruments vessels and pendants. The green gemstone is widely considered one of the most useful “Dream Stones” which is at the heart of jade meaning. It has been used in this manner since ancient times.
Jade is useful in dream-solving, facilitates access to the spiritual world and ritualistic knowledge and supports creativity. Jade is carved into talismans that are believed to insure a long life and peaceful passing. Jade gemstones are also thought to have powerful healing powers for all those times during a long life when healing is required. Jade meaning is based in an ability to gather tranquil wisdom while discarding negativity and seeing one’s true self.
Different names have been given to jade based on jade stone’s ability to cure ailments of the bladder or kidneys.The Ancient Chinese named the jade Yu-Stone. Mesoamericans referred to jade as the “spleen-stone” to reflect jade’s abilities to heal maladies of the spleen.
Nephrite, the more common type of jade, reflected jade meaning in Greek based on the Greek word nephros which translates to kidney. When the Spanish took over the New World they named the green stones Piedra de hijada which translates to “Stone of the loin” or “Stone of the flank”.
Jade is not always the blue-green or light green mineral rock that many people think of when they say something is the color of jade. While jade meaning is rooted in calm wisdom, healing and protection, each jade color carries a slightly different vibration and power. Black jade has the particular ability to protect by warding off negative physical or psychological assault, especially the negative energies associated with self-defeat.
- Blue jade is about calm, inner peace and reflection. It is very useful for encouraging dreams and visions. The mind is calmed with blue jade.
- Brown jade has to do with staying well-grounded. The use of brown jade strengthens a connection with the earth while imparting comfort and a sense of reliability.
- Lavender jade has to do with spiritual support. It heals emotional pain while nourishing spiritually. Lavender jade vibrates at the highest ethereal level.
- Orange jade is all about the joy that can be achieved through connections with all living beings.
- Lavender jade energy provides quiet stimulation of the mind.
- Purple jade is focused on the aura. Happiness and mirth are brought about with purple jade while it eliminates negativity and supports a higher level of discernment.
- Red jade has to do with the life force. Use of red jade reduces fears while it encourages action and strengthens the life-force energy.
- White jade has to do with better focus. The use of white jade reduces distractions to allow for a better grasp on helpful, relevant information. It improves the decision-making process.
- Yellow jade is all about a cheerful, energetic way of being. Use of yellow jade enhances assimilation and discrimination.
Jadeite, the more rare and expensive type of jade, has a slightly different meaning than the more common nephrite jade. Jadeite jade has to do with health, longevity and love. Wearing, holding and meditating with jadeite jade improves health problems that stem from illness or accidents. Jade also helps people live longer. Jadeite is reputed to open one’s heart to love when worn in jewelry.
Nephrite jade has more to do with grace, purity, beauty and dreams. Nephrite jade is commonly used in burial ceremonies and is believed to bless anything it comes in contact with. Nephrite jade is said to provide cleansing jade stone properties attuned to the kidneys, liver and spleen. It is said to help with recovery from bacterial and viral infection and pain relief for bone and joint pain.
The healing properties of jade in the spiritual realm support happiness and harmony in family and work relationships. It is said to promote material abundance while jade properties encourage a more relaxed state of being. Jade in the spiritual realm is connected with nobility and their ideals. Wearing jade gemstones promotes magic with the best of intentions while providing protection from deceitful or harmful entities in spirit work. Lavender jade properties are especially well-suited to spiritual healing.
Green jade healing properties facilitate an abundance of Divine energy flowing into one’s life. Green jade stone benefits foster a desire to slow down and smell the flowers, be near loved ones and share the love.
Jade meaning in divination states that by acting unselfishly now you are storing goodwill for yourself in the future. Any personal inconvenience will almost immediately be more than compensated for.
Stronger connections with guardian angels can be forged with green jade.
- Connection with Nemamiah is made stronger for people born between January 1 and 5 when they have green jade.
- The guardian angel Lelahel will form a stronger bond with people born between April 15 and 20 if they have light olive jade.
- The bond between Hakamiah and people born between June 6 and 10 is strengthened by green jade.
- People born between July 7 and 11 should wear light green jade for a closer bond with Leiaeil or Jejalel.
- Yehudia, the guardian angel for people born between September 3 and 7, is attracted to green jade.
- The bond between Lehahiah and people born between September 8 and 12 is fortified by dark green jade.
- Anael, the guardian angel for people born between September 24 and 28, prefers light olive jade.
- Poiel or Polial is more attracted to people born between December 27 and 31 when they wear dark green jade.
- Set jade statues of fish, dragons and frogs in rooms where meals are often eaten.
- Place a jade statue or stone in an area where a new project is about to begin.
- Put jade in a child’s room to impart all of the jade stone benefits to the child
- Place a statue of Buddha in any of these areas for good luck and prosperity.
- Wood energy objects like jade are traditionally placed in the east or southeast within the home or a room. They strengthen the family, improve health and impart abundance and prosperity.
- Place blue jade on the forehead to enjoy jade benefits in dream work.
- Use a 108-bead jade mala to improve connections with the spiritual center of the universe. Begin at the large guru bead and advance by one bead with each mantra. Completion of 108 mantras moves one closer to the spiritual center.
- Place green jade crystals or gemstones over the heart chakra while meditating. A green jade necklace that positions the jade directly at the center of the breastbone works well.
- Set a piece of blue or green jade on the forehead just above the Third Eye or brow chakra to enhance dream work.
Jade in Feng Shui is wood energy. Jade stone benefits in Feng Shui support health, growth, expansion, nourishment and new beginnings. New vitality is one of the many jade stone benefits that results in improved physical growth and abundance.
How to use jade in Feng Shui:
Jade healing properties support physical healing throughout the body. Jade stone benefits extend throughout the renal system, helping the body to expel stones in the kidneys and spleen and recover afterwards. Kidney and bladder infections including cystitis are helped by jade.
The kidneys and liver are assisted by jade properties, boosting the removal of toxins and excess fluids while balancing the ratio of water to salt and the body’s pH.
Problems associated with bone and joint maladies are improved with the use of jade, especially when the malady is in the hips. Jade helps reduce the incidence and severity of cramps and “Charlie horses.”
Jade properties target rebuilding and healing of the skeletal system and tissues, Pain associated with the healing process can be reduced and better managed with the use of jade. Imperial jade can be especially beneficial after any reconstructive or plastic surgery to correct disfiguring from injury or illness.
Jade can be useful in the treatment of anorexia in teenagers and for new mothers who are uncertain of their abilities to parent. Jade is also believed to be beneficial for people suffering from reproductive problems. Jade is beneficial in this area for male reproductive problems. Jade is also helpful during the childbirth process.
The healing properties of jade are very useful for emotional healing. The soothing energy from jade relieves irritability while helping to eliminate negativity. The personality is stabilized through integration of body and mind. The resulting stimulation of ideas facilitates the simplification and completion of tasks.
Dreams are made more productive and useful with jade. Dreams are more insightful and remembered more easily and clearly with the use of jade.
Jade reduces self-imposed limitations,resulting in an enhanced ability to embrace personal ambitions, ideals and desires in order to facilitate their realization. Jade boosts confidence while encouraging greater self-sufficiency.
Dysfunctional relationships are improved with the use of imperial jade. Dignity can be restored to people who have been mocked for their appearance. Their self-loathing is reduced and the courage to seek treatment is bolstered by jade.
Black, purple and red jade are especially helpful in emotional healing.
Jade imparts a feeling of serenity, soothes and calms the mind and assists in the release of negative thoughts for more productive meditation. Jade meditation, especially with olive jade, is extremely helpful.
How to use jade in meditation:
Jade is not a traditional birthstone but they are natural birthstones. People born between April 20 and May 20 get to claim a natural jade birthstone. Jade gemstones impart success in new beginnings, renewal and good health. Olive green jade is a natural birthstone for people born between May 21 and June 20. Wearing jewelry made with olive green jade or keeping statues or trinkets made with olive green jade brings these people good energy, a sense of new awakenings, improved learning abilities and a better sense of meaning.
Jade Zodiac Sign
Jade is the official zodiac gemstone of people born under the signs of Libra and Taurus. Libras are born between September 23 and October 22 while Taureans are born between April 20 and May 20. Both of these signs are ruled by Venus.
People born under the sign of Libra are all about balance, as signified by the scales used to represent Libra in the zodiac. These people are sensitive and respectful but extremely strong-willed. They also tend to be artistic.
People born under the sign of Taurus are well-grounded realists that like to get things done. They are often affectionate but hot-tempered and stubborn or strong and silent, like the bull that symbolizes this zodiac sign.
Green jade provides balance and harmony for the heart chakra. Use green jade to assist in the pursuit of physical and emotional well-being. A healthy heart chakra balances environment and self. An unbalanced heart chakra leaves one feeling restricted and controlled and hyper-critical of others. Inappropriate emotional response to common occurrences can become a real problem for people with an unbalanced heart chakra.