Numerology is an ancient art that studies the energy of numbers, and how they affect your life. A numerologist can determine your personality traits, your relationships, as well as your future life path. In this post we will discuss about the Numerology Numbers and what they say about you.
All you have to do is provide your full name, birthdate, or even certain parts of your name, and numerology can guide your life in a positive direction. There are many places that you can find free numerology reports, and it’s highly recommended that you start there rather than trying to figure it all out yourself. The calculations are easy, but interpreting the meanings of the numbers is much more complicated. Let’s start with some of the ways your name and birth date can be interpreted. Below are some of the different types of numbers can help you on your way.
Types of Numerology Numbers
- Life Path Number – Your life path number is determined by your date of birth. It is one of the most important numbers in numerology, as it describes the nature of your journey here on Earth. It reveals to you the lessons you are here to learn, and gives you an outline of the opportunities and challenges you will have, as well as personality traits that will help you on your journey. To determine your life path number, add the digits of your birth month, day, and year. Then keep adding digits until you reach a single number. For example, if your birth date is July 4, 1776, add 7 + 4 + 1 + 7 + 7 + 6 to get 32. Then add 3 + 2 = 5. Five would be your life path number.
- Destiny Number (or Expression Number) – Your Destiny number is determined by your full birth name. Numerologists take the letters in your name and give them a number value according to their charts. The Destiny number is also a very important number in numerology. This number will describe the tasks you must achieve in this lifetime. As its name suggests, it tells you about your life’s purpose and spiritual mission, as well as what you can become.
- Soul Urge Number – The Soul Urge number is determined by using only the vowels in your name. Using the following chart, you can determine your soul urge number by finding the values of your full birth name (what’s on your birth certificate).
A = 1, E = 5, I = 9, O = 6, U = 3, Y = 7
Note that the “Y” is only used when there is no other vowel in the syllable.
The Soul Urge number reveals your inner cravings, your likes and dislikes, and other more private information that you don’t always share with the world. It denotes what you value most, regardless of what your Life Path and Destiny numbers reveal.
- Personality Number – Your personality number is determined by summing the consonants of your name according to the numerology chart. It reveals your inner desires, secret dreams, and perhaps even fantasies. It’s considered less important than the Life Path and Destiny numbers, because often the remote and deep seated dreams you harbor are not realized. But in some cases, especially if your personality number has a relationship to another core number, the dream can come true. The Personality Number is also associated with how people perceive you when they first meet you.
- Rational Thought Number – Your Rational Thought number uses only your first name (no nicknames or abbreviations), and the day of your birth (not the month or year). Add the letters of your first name and the day you were born until you reach a single digit to find your Rational Thought number. While not all numerologists look at this number, it can be quite significant. This number gets deeper inside you and can provide insights into virtually all your other numbers. It is most easily described as revealing the way you think. It can tell you the basics of your personality, like if you are a cynic, a critical thinker, or a dreamer. If you’re a person who thinks outside the box your Rational Thought number will reveal it. It can be an important piece of the puzzle as you determine who you are.
- Balance Number – Your balance number is found by adding the numerical value of your initials of your full name at birth. Your Balance number is a minor influence on your complete numerology chart, but it can come in handy when you’re in a time of emotional upheaval. Everyone faces life’s challenges differently; some withdraw to regroup inside their own heads, others tend to bury their emotions, while still others react very quickly and emotionally. Your Balance number provides insight on how you as an individual can best handle difficult or emotional life decisions. It also says a lot about your talents and abilities, as well as your shortcomings and imperfections. You don’t want to give too much weight to your Balance Number, but it can be very useful in helping you understand your tendencies, so that you can handle stressful situations more easily.
As you can see, there are many, many ways that numerologists can help you learn more about yourself just by using your name and birthdate. And you don’t have to spend a fortune. There are several places where you can get a free numerology reading if you’d like to get started. They will offer you straight forward, useful information, and most importantly, help you interpret the meanings.