Gemstones have been used to help relieve pain since ancient times. They are often utilized in long-term pain management therapy programs to this day and are gaining popularity.
CRYSTAL HEALING FOR PAIN RELIEF
Meditating with crystals will reduce your discomfort but some gemstones can be used to directly target and eliminate pain at the source.
Pain is not just uncomfortable. It triggers physiological and emotional responses that can slow down healing or, in the case of life-long chronic pain, reduce your quality of life. Pain killers often help but they can cause damage themselves, if they are used for too long. Crystals relieve the pain without doing harm to vital organs.
RELIEVING PAIN WITH CRYSTALS
Crystals vibrate or resonate. These vibrations work to alleviate pain and help the body heal. You need to find the right crystal for the pain, though, as all crystals do not vibrate at the same rate or relieve all types of pain. Some have a high vibration rate while others are moderate or low.
- Clear quartz, known as the Master Healer, is the one exception here. It is a high-vibration gemstone that can reduce pain anywhere on the body. Circulation and energy flow are improved with clear quartz which will help the body heal, too. It is great for migraine headaches. Set a clear quartz crystal on the painful area. Leave it there for 10 minutes. The pain may increase before it gets better. If the pain increases too much, try placing a few smaller crystals on your body around the site of pain. If the pain is tolerable, leave the quartz crystal there as long as you like or until the pain dissipates. There should be noticeable improvement within 2 weeks.
- Rose quartz is especially helpful with pain relief associated with skin problems like burns. It has a cooling affect and reduces inflammation. This is a high-vibration gemstone that improves kidney function and facilitates the elimination of excess fluids and toxins in the body. A flat piece of rose quartz can be held in place at the site of pain overnight with piece of cloth tape. Wearing a rose quartz chip necklace will help reduce the pain during the day.
- Amethyst is a high-vibration gemstone that reduces arthritis pain. Place a flat amethyst gemstone on the painful area and hold it in place with a piece of tape. A piece of amethyst on each side of an arthritic joint will help with severe pain.
- Aquamarine is a high-vibration gemstone that is very soothing and relaxing. Its pain-relief action is two-fold. It reduces pain from inflammation directly at the site of pain and by soothing and relaxing your mind. This helps break the physical-mental cycle that only exacerbates the painful condition. Simply wearing an aquamarine necklace will help relieve pain due to inflammation.
- Carnelian is a high-vibration gemstone that reduces menstrual cramps. Place a flat, smooth carnelian crystal at the site of pain and hold it in place with cloth tape for as long as you like. Carnelian also helps heal skin irritations. Hold a piece of the orange-red gemstone ¼-inch above the skin irritation and slowly move it in a tight, clockwise circle for 5 minutes at least twice each day.
- Turquoise reduces headaches, sore throats and pain in the digestive tract. Its vibration rate varies, depending on how green or blue the gemstone is. Green turquoise crystals are more calming. Place a turquoise gemstone on your forehead to reduce headache pain. Wear a turquoise necklace for relief from a sore throat. A long pendant or chip necklace that reaches the upper abdomen will help with pain from digestive tract troubles.
Any of these crystals can be held directly above the painful area and moved in a clockwise circle for relief, if placing it directly on the skin is too uncomfortable or if there is an open wound. A terminated crystal or crystal that is pointed at one end is best for this. Hold the gemstone with the point about 1 inch above the skin or wound. Circle it above the painful area for 10 to 15 minutes each day.